Privacy & Security Policy
This Privacy and Security Policy discloses the privacy and security practices for www.iamelemental.com and applies solely to information collected by this website.
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy and that of your children is very important to us. Any information that we collect on our site is only used to process transactions, to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. This Privacy & Security Policy specifically addresses our commitment to protecting children’s online privacy and our policies with respect thereto in the section below titled “Privacy of Children Online.”
We encourage you to read through and understand our Privacy and Security Policy. We may update it from time to time to address new issues or reflect changes on our website.
This Privacy & Security Policy describes:
- What personal information we collect, how we collect and use it and with whom it may be shared
- What choices you may make regarding the use of your personal information and that of your children
- The security procedures we have in place to protect your personal information and that of your children
Information Collection, Use and Sharing
We may collect personal information (such as name, address, email, telephone number, credit card information) from you when you interact with us through our website. Some examples are when you:
- make an online purchase
- create an account
- contact our customer service department
- participate in a survey, contest or other promotion.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to and collect information that you voluntarily provide to us via email or other direct contact from you through our site. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. Any information that we collect on our site is only used to process transactions, to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than trusted third parties who are necessary to fulfill your request and who will not use such information for any other purpose except to provide services in connection with this website.
Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about new products or services, specials or changes to this Privacy and Security Policy. We do, however, reserve the right to revise it any time by any means including, but not limited to, posting the revised Privacy and Security Policy on this website.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do so by contacting us via the email address or phone number below.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. We also protect your information offline as only employees and third parties who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to your information. While we take precautions, please note, however, that no system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Automatic Information Collection
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the: Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school); IP address of the computer you are using; type of browser software and operating system you are using; date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and user friendly. We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Privacy of Children Online
We are committed to protecting children’s online privacy. We encourage parents and guardians to supervise their child’s use of the Internet. We urge parents to instruct their children to never give out their real names, addresses, phone numbers or other personal information without a parent’s or guardian’s permission when using the Internet.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we have adopted the following policies, with some exceptions as listed below, to keep children safe:
– We will NOT knowingly collect, use, or distribute personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
– Personal information we collect from children under the age of 13 will be used solely by us or our agents for internal purposes only and will NOT be sold or otherwise distributed to third parties.
– We will NOT knowingly allow children under the age of 13 access to free form chat, message boards, email accounts, or other services that would allow them to publicly post or otherwise distribute personal information without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
– We will NOT knowingly ask a child under the age of 13 to divulge more information than is needed to participate in any activity, game or service.
– We will NOT knowingly keep any personal information that is inadvertently included in a child’s email submission, help inquiry, or other one-time request, if we know that the child is under the age of 13. Any such information will be purged promptly after the issue has been resolved.
– We will NOT knowingly post any personal information that is inadvertently included in a child’s submission to a general audience contribution area if we know that the child is under the age of 13. Upon notice to us, these submissions will be deleted and handled anonymously thereafter.
– We will NOT knowingly provide any direct link to websites that are unsuitable for children or teens.
– We will advise children under the age of 13 that they MUST obtain permission from their parent or guardian before sharing ANY personal information.
– Upon request, we will provide a parent or guardian with a description of the information that may have been provided about their child during a registration process for a program or service of this site. We only ask for a child’s personal information if it is necessary to participate in an activity, game or service.
Notification and Verifiable Parental Consent:
Before any personal information is collected, we will do our best to notify the parent or guardian that their child is participating. Notification will include the exact nature and intended use of the information we are collecting, as well as the opportunity for the parent or guardian to prevent the use of the information and the child’s participation in the activity. For every child (anyone under 13 years of age) we require the parent or guardian to provide verifiable parental consent such as: by email plus a fax, phone or letter follow up by the parent or guardian; mail, fax or scan of a consent form; or toll-free phone call to us.
In order for us to provide notice to a parent or guardian and seek verifiable parental consent, we may request the contact information of a parent or guardian. This contact information will only be used for the sole purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing notification to the parent or guardian.
Exceptions to Verifiable Parental Consent and Information Collected From Children:
In the following instances we will NOT get verifiable parental consent for the collection of a child’s personal information:
– Collecting a child’s contact information solely to directly respond to the child’s request on a one-time basis (for example, to provide assistance with a particular customer service question). We will not use that information to re-contact the child for any other purpose (we will purge from our system the child’s personal information after responding).
– Collecting a child’s contact information and the contact information of his/her parent or guardian solely to directly respond more than once to a specific request from the child (for example, to satisfy the request for a newsletter subscription). In this instance, the parent or guardian will be notified that the child made such a request and be informed of the information provided by the child. The parent or guardian will have an opportunity at any time to revoke the child’s request (i.e., unsubscribe). We will not use the child’s personal information to re-contact the child for any other purpose.
– Using persistent identifiers on our Website to support the internal operations of our Website which include: maintaining and analyzing the functioning of the Website; performing network communications; authenticating users; personalizing content on the Website; serving contextual advertising or capping the frequency of advertising; protecting the security or integrity of the user, Website or service; and to ensure legal and regulatory compliance. A “persistent identifier” is a series of numbers that we assign to a user but cannot be reasonably used to identify a specific user.
– A child may provide the email address of their parent or guardian for the purpose of retrieving or resetting a child’s lost password for their user account. A parent or guardian’s email address collected in this instance will only be used for this purpose.
Please contact us via the email address or phone number below if you believe we may have collected unintended information from your child and we will work to delete it.
You may contact us by telephone at 800.274.8282, by email at [email protected] and by mail at:
119 West 72nd Street, Suite 190
New York, New York 10023